[BITList] CNN coverage of Cyclone Yasi places Queensland inTasmania | Herald Sun

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 11 08:04:31 GMT 2011

John,

During a visit to the US of A, our daughter was complimented on her ability to speak English. "Where did you learn to speak it?" she was asked. Other gems included, "Have you got phones and electricity in Scotland."  I still chide her for not playing up to them with the story about our wee thatched cottage amid the heather, milking the wild cows, hunting the haggis, tugging our forelocks when Lord Hootsmonthenoo gave us a crust or two.

Our nieces's son in Tucson, Az, had a school history book that included a chapter on how Britain helped the USA during WW2.