[BITList] Fwd: [vsdh] Fw: Brutus - military K9

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Tue Jun 28 23:22:50 BST 2011

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Doreen Grezoux"
Date: 28 June 2011 23:03:45 GMT+01:00

Subject: [vsdh] Fw: Brutus - military K9

I see it but I don't believe it.

Doreen
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:09 AM
Subject: FW: Brutus - military K9

How  to hug a baby

I  Thought you might like to know about this dog and  his history.
I especially like the ending  ..........

The K9 above is  Brutus, a military K9 at  McChord.. .He's huge -  part Boxer and part British Bull Mastiff and  tops the scales at 200 lbs. His handler took  the picture.
Brutus is running toward me  because he knows    I
have some  Milk Bone treats, so he's slobbering away! I had  to duck around a tree just before he got to me in  case he couldn't stop, but he did. Brutus was  the recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor  last year from his tour in Iraq . His  handler and four other soldiers were taken hostage  by insurgents. Brutus and his handler  communicate by sign language and he gave Brutus  the signal that meant 'go away but come  back
and find  me'.  The Iraqis paid no attention to Brutus.  He came back later and quietly tore the throat out  of one guard at one door and another guard  at another door. He then jumped against one  of the doors repeatedly (the guys were being held  in an old warehouse) until it opened. He went  in and untied his handler and they all escaped.  He's the first K9 to receive this honor. If he  knows you're ok, he's a big old lug and wants to  sit in your lap. Enjoys the company of  cats..
K-9  Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
Thought you'd find  this interesting.  Talk
about animal  intelligence and    bonding  with humans!
Remember that they can't  do a lot of things for themselves and  that they depend on you to make their life a  quality life!

Instructions  for properly hugging a  baby with Brutus

1. First, uh, find a  baby.

2.  Second, be sure that the object you  found
was indeed a  baby, by employing classic  sniffing
techniques.

+
3.  Next, you will need to flatten the baby  before
actually beginning  the    hugging  process.

4. The  'paw slide'    = Simply slide paws around  baby
and prepare for possible  close-up.

5.  Finally, if a camera is present, you will need to  execute
the difficult  and patented 'hug, smile, and lean' so
as  to    achieve the best photo  quality.

------ End of Forwarded Message