[BITList] we7 - Listen to The Pasadena Roof Orchestra, Enrico Tomasso Music Free

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 22 21:46:02 BST 2011

Mike,

The Pasadena Roof Orchestra take me back to my early childhood, pre-school.  Dad's sister, aunt Hannah, dressed in late 20s/early 30s fashion then, and took me around with her.  And Dad's mother (the only grandparent I recall) was always singing Victorian music hall songs (Silver Threads Among The Gold) - so I grew up with an affinity for the past.

The Tomasso I remembered (albeit not his name) was Freddie, not Ernie, it suddenly came to me. Freddie played trumpet. I found a mention of him with his band, the Buccaneers, playing on the same bill as Harry Gold & His Pieces of Eight in Portsmouth, 1950 - http://michaelcooper.org.uk/C/1950.htm. What a place to have been in 1950.