[BITList] PC cleanup utilities

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Jun 22 15:01:49 BST 2011

cleanup utilities – waste of time and money?
ct

http://www.pcworld.com/article/230447/cleanup_utilities_can_they_speed_up_your_pc.html#tk.hp_fv

conclusion:-
Cleanup utilities are a compelling sell to Windows users. We all want to believe that our PC is still the same snappy spring chicken it was when we bought it, and that it just needs the light touch of a cleanup tool to start sprinting again.

The reality is a bit different: You might feel better after running a utility--but judging from our testing, your PC's overall performance is unlikely to change much. Instead of investing in a cleanup utility, uninstall old programs for a short-term speed boost, and save your cash for a hardware upgrade.