[BITList] naughty NATO

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Jun 18 17:52:44 BST 2011

      Please Mr Karzai do tell us what motives you suspect for NATO’s purpose in your country and what is NATO’s real goals.

      Has some one told you afghanistan is sitting on the biggest oil find in the world? or vast quantities of precious metals? or a land flowing with milk and honey?

      Kindly explain the attraction.

      ct

      PS    I hear all the NATO forces there just love it.

      Much of Mr. Karzai’s speech, an address to the Afghanistan Youth International Conference,  was devoted to  broad-ranging criticisms of the coalition forces in Afghanistan, saying their motives were suspect and their weapons were polluting his country.

      “You remember a few years ago I was saying thank you to the foreigners for their help; every minute we were thanking them,” he said. “Now I have stopped saying that, except when Spanta forced me to say thank you,” referring to his national security adviser, Rangin Spanta, who was present.

      “They’re here for their own purposes, for their own goals, and they’re using our soil for that,” Mr. Karzai said.