[BITList] Emma

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 12 19:39:56 BST 2011

Hugh
In the dockyard everyone below foreman wore orangey brown coveralls, in
the DO we just wore our normal (or regular) work suits which meant the
ex Sunday best suit which became ones weekday suit. I used to wear jeans
and a navy number 8 shirt before my time in the DO which meant that I
had the full run of the yard as the dockyard personnel thought I was in
the navy and the navy knew I was a civilian because I was wearing jeans,
and of course one always carried a clipboard which made one invisible,
frank