[BITList] Pharmageddon: how America got hooked on killerprescription drugs | World news | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 10 15:06:45 BST 2011

Mike,

The other day I bought some Lemsip powders in Boots, having noted a few
colds and sore throats among acquaintances. The chap behind the counter
asked me what tablets I was taking, obviously checking it was safe for him
to sell me Lemsips to add to the list.  Leading questions always irritate
me, as does the look of surprise I get when I tell them I don't take
anything.  Sometimes I feel I should tell them I'll try harder.