[BITList] There's a Hiss.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Jun 7 06:40:37 BST 2011

Computer problem in Gayndah Queensland Australia / True story

The following (phone) conversation was recently recorded for possible future
training purposes:

Technical Support: How can I help you?

Caller:  “On starting up my computer last night, it immediately started making
a lot of hissing noises. So I shut it down.  This morning when I turned it on the
computer again, it started hissing again started making soft ‘cracking’ noises,
then started smoking with a bad smell, then nothing!”

Technical Support:  “I will have a road technician come over as soon as possible.
Please leave the computer just as it is now, so that our tech can find the problem
and fix it, hopefully right away? Can we have your address and phone number?”

When the technician arrived, the lady kindly indicated where the computer was,
repeating again that she’d clearly heard it hissing and then what happened next!

This is what the technician found wrong – photographic evidence to prove it too:

Take a look at the pictures... YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES ...
And you thought YOU have had computer problems!!!

The technician told her: .... 'It must have been after the mouse!'
... The woman didn't think it was very funny at all!