[BITList] Hay Festival 2011: Germaine Greersaysprotectbluebells by banning dogs from woods - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 4 22:51:50 BST 2011

Malcolm,

We have the standard bluebell, the one that's protected and Germaine Greer worries about, and there's another I haven't seen for a while.   We called it the harebell - I don't know if that's its proper name. It has a single, pale blue, bell-shaped flower.  All of which reminds me - it's been uncharacteristically dry here for a couple of days, so, instead of turning in, I'll have to water the pots and hanging baskets, none of which are showing a flower.