[BITList] Was History: Revisited?

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Jul 16 16:56:47 BST 2011

    mmmmmm, interesting – strange pippa didn’t notice this :-
    ct

      Steve Jobs vs James Bond: fake letter set to become an urban legend
      June 21, 2011 10:02 am
      Shareby Mic WrightCategories: Gadgets News   Tags: Apple, James Bond, Sean Connery, spoof, Steve Jobs

      It’s not often that you get to see a urban legend coming into being in real time but hop onto Twitter today and you’re likely to come across an entertaining missive purporting to be a four-letter word bolstered brush off written by Sean Connery to Steve Jobs. The story goes that Jobs wanted the Bond actor to feature in an ad but it’s just that…a story.

      The fake letter was put together by Apple satire site Scoopertino but shorn of its context it’s floating around on TwitPic and being reported as a genuine article. You’d think the brutal line “you are a computer salesman and I am f*cking James Bond” might have tipped more people off.

      Click through to see the fake letter in all its glory and hit the link at the bottom of the page for the original Scoopertino story. Our favourite entirely fictional fact? That the Apple iMac puck mouse was inspired by a burnt English muffin…