[BITList] The Last News Paper of India-China-Burma War Theatre, 1946

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 16 09:28:06 BST 2011

John,

An interesting paper. I learned more from my father about the US involvement in the Burma campaign than the paper says about his involvement in it. Behind all the paper says about making roads, etc, were Dad and his colleagues in the 1st Bn RSF (14th Army).  The road makers were defended by Dad and his pals.  He spoke highly of Stillwell, and of Mountbatten.  According to Dad, they never let red tape get in the way of their work, indeed, he said Mountbatten was replaced for being that way inclined.