[BITList] FW: funny

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 12 12:02:32 BST 2011

Tuesday morning,

Malcolm,

I thought I'd seen that one before, nice sentimental ending, etc, but no.  The twist at the end caught me napping.

It's like an oven up here.  After three days of blue skies and sunshine, it's overcast - but no rain. Last night we swithered about watering the hanging baskets and pots. In the end, I watered them all.

The Tall Ships leave at 1.00 - Red Arrows fly around then.  We'll miss it all, having a funeral in Bridge of Weir, 10 miles away in the other direction, at 1.30 - Janet's sister-in-law.  But we went round the ships on Sunday and Monday, and we're content with that. This afternoon the roads will be back to what we call normal. It's 20-25 minutes by bus to Greenock, normally - over the Tall Ships period it was taking near an hour.  The place was full of lost souls looking for buses home to strange places.

Janet pops in every few minutes with a different jacket on, and "What do you think?"  It doesn't really matter what I think, but I comment anyway.

No news yet about the September lunch - it hardly seems that time since the last one.

Regards to the Missus and yourself.