[BITList] Boys more likely to struggle in co-ed schools, says top head - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 11 09:41:13 BST 2011

John,

What rot !  From 1-8-38, until 27-6-44, I attended Chapelton Schol here - only in the final year did I have a male teacher, and girls and boys sat in the same classroom, about 50/50.  From 21-8-44 until 30-6-48 I was in Port Glasgow High School, and (yet again) girls and boys were in the same class.  Unlike in the primary school, we could be asked to sit beside a girl if we misbehaved - that was the only difference.  We had 3 lady teachers.  Did my education suffer?  Not in the least.  From where do these people dig up such nonsense?