[BITList] consultant's heaven-endless studies

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Jul 6 18:49:21 BST 2011

Subject: consultant's heaven-endless studies.

this not only continues to doom Louisiana’s coast, it is standard practice in new orleans.
I don’t know whether or not new orleans has a motto, if not they should consider, ‘wait, I don’t like that study – get another one’
talk about fiddling while rome burns.
ct

      let’s have a study so I can understand the situation. Oh no – I don’t like the study.
      No problem – let’s have another study.....................
      etc.ad nauseum.

      ct
      Reader comment: Endless studies and lack of urgent action continue to doom Louisiana's coast
      Published: Wednesday, July 06, 2011, 11:30 AM
       By Times-Picayune Staff
      Follow
      Share Email Print
      Responding to The Times-Picayune's editorial "Corps of Engineers' delays are harmful to Louisiana's coast," reader Oh_Really? commented:

      KARI DEQUINE / THE TIMES-PICAYUNE Through a collaboration of non-profits and the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, 800 "Gulf Saver Bags" were deployed at Pass a Loutre to prevent erosion and mitigate oil damage.
      "With much of Louisiana's original coastline now 25 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico one would think the matter is urgent. But this, like nearly everything else, seems to get only hot air floating around in Baton Rouge and in Washington. Once again, huge sums are wasted on studies; then, just as one thinks work will soon begin, someone objects to something, a new study costing $millions is ordered, and we start all over again. Perhaps we should all think about buying ocean-view property in Alexandria, LA, for our retirement years."