[BITList] Countess of Chester Hospital criticised over consultation to take 'hospital' out of its title - Liverpool News - News - Liverpool Daily Post

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 6 10:45:48 BST 2011

Mike,

I can't think on a hospital that is commonly referred to as one. Here we have Inverclyde Royal (Hospital), the Southern General (Hospital), Gartnavel (Hospital), Glasgow Royal (Infirmary), and so on (note the Oxford comma). Before they knocked it down, the old Broadstone used to be referred to as Broadstone Hospital. Not being dumb, most of us don't need our money spent on rebranding them - we have a fair idea of the range of services they provide.