[BITList] Scots attempt to overturn US ban on haggis - Telegraph

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Sun Jan 23 08:51:42 GMT 2011

Hugh,

Look what Lawyers have done to the world !

Mike

On 23 Jan 2011, at 08:28, HUGH wrote:

Mike,

US food laws are pretty strict, as we found before Christmas while looking online for how to cook a turkey that came without instructions.   Few if the recipes we found agreed on anything beyond the basic facts of getting a turkey and cooking it -  times and procedures varied widely.  Those from US websites were like scientific articles, with relevant US Food regulations quoted at every turn.  We ended up sticking the thing in the oven for a couple of hours at Mark 6 or 7, and it came out OK, as did we.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com