[BITList] News

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Jan 12 23:50:51 GMT 2011

Been a while since I was on the Internet.

No access to the I'net.

We were booked to travel from Townsville to Brisbane on the 26th Dec, with the car on a carriage at the rear of the train.

3 hours before departure we were told by phone that the train had been cancelled.

We sat for another day working out what to do.

We left by car at 0700 hrs in the 28th driving from one town to the next and listening to the radio.

To cut a long story short we drove the whole distance some 1,5070 Km (997 miles) in one go - to a smallplace just north of Lismore, NSW.

We have been here since.

We have measured 280 mm of rain since the first of Jan.

The day before yesterday we drove to Brisbane airport to put one of our grand-daughters who we brought down with us for a break from he other siblings.

The Pacific Highway all the way to the airport is flood proofed so we had no trouble getting there or back.

Today is a bright sunshiny day.

I am sitting in the Lismore Public Library using my one hour per day of I'net access.

We are booked to go back by train on the 13th Feb - if the railways are in business on that day!

Why are we here? We're house sitting for friends who run a macadamia plantation just north of Lismore. Theyare away on holiday in Westwern Australia