[BITList] brainless

CT's x50type at cox.net
Tue Jan 11 21:29:38 GMT 2011

if you wanted more proof of NRA brain-washing, here it is..................................
A massacre takes place and brainless morons run out and buy even more guns ...........................
I wonder how many would do that if their 9 year old daughter [or wife, or husband] had just been  shot and killed?
ct

Glock Pistol Sales Surge in Aftermath of Arizona Shootings
January 11, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
More From Businessweek
  a.. By Michael Riley
Jan. 11 (Bloomberg) -- After a Glock-wielding gunman killed six people at a Tucson shopping center on Jan. 8, Greg Wolff, the owner of two Arizona gun shops, told his manager to get ready for a stampede of new customers.

Wolff was right. Instead of hurting sales, the massacre had the $499 semi-automatic pistols -- popular with police, sport shooters and gangsters -- flying out the doors of his Glockmeister stores in Mesa and Phoenix.

“We’re at double our volume over what we usually do,” Wolff said two days after the shooting spree that also left 14 wounded, including Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords, who remains in critical condition.

A national debate over weaknesses in state and federal gun laws stirred by the shooting has stoked fears among gun buyers that stiffer restrictions may be coming from Congress, gun dealers say. The result is that a deadly demonstration of the weapon’s effectiveness has also fired up sales of handguns in Arizona and other states, according to federal law enforcement data.

“When something like this happens people get worried that the government is going to ban stuff,” Wolff said.