[BITList] Twas the Month After Christmas

CT's x50type at cox.net
Tue Jan 11 04:52:59 GMT 2011

?

Subject: Twas the Month After Christmas
ct

  Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,
     Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

  The cookies I'd nibbled, the chocolate I'd taste
     At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

  When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
  When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber),

  I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
  The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
  The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
  And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

  As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
  And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...

  I said to myself, as I only can,
     "You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"

  So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
     Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

  Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
     Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

  I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
     I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

  I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.
     I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

  I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...
    But isn't that what January is for?

  Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
    Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.