[BITList] massacre -no?

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:29:51 GMT 2011

doesn’t appear to be any mention of cows, hugh
and quickly looking at other amendments I don’t see any mention of cows – or any other animal for that matter!

There are several versions of the text of the Second Amendment, each with slight capitalization and punctuation differences, found in the official documents surrounding the adoption of the Bill of Rights.[5] One such version was passed by the Congress, which reads:[6]

      “ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. ”

Another version is found in the copies distributed to the states, and then ratified by them, which had this capitalization and punctuation:[7]

      “ A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

colin t