[BITList] The lost diary of Queen Victoria's final companion -Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 27 09:23:47 GMT 2011

Mike,

QV reminds me a great deal of great aunt Maggie Henderson, which can't be at all bad.  I must get the book.  The official picture of the dear Queen has been heavily sanitised, but that's no secret.

I'll send dear Wills and whatsername a copy as a wedding present.

Hugh.

PS  Is she still getting married in white, or has the AB of Canterbury managed to persuade her to give up her rights as a bride to choose her own colours? I know a few ladies that would have had his guts for garters for less.