[BITList] We didn't start the fire-this is awesome! fun time]

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 26 14:25:21 GMT 2011

I enjoyed this and think you will also!!!

*This song & its title was an answer to a Final Jeopardy question--only
one person got it right.***

*Question was (paraphrased) "What 1980s song do history teachers praise
for its educational value." *

*Never could understand all the references on Billy Joel's song.
Fortunately, with this video, given the picture(s), we now can "see"
what our "ears" couldn't hear. *

*Anyway, checked to see purpose behind the song.****Apparently, it's
Joel's homage to the 40-years of historical headlines since his birth
(1949).  Wish we could have appreciated the depths of this song when it
was released.****Twenty years later, it's amazing what Joel was able to
put into music and lyrics lasting only a few minutes.

Whether you are a Billy Joel fan or not, you probably remember his great
song, 'We Didn't Start the Fire'.  Here it is, set to pictures.  It's a
neat flashback through the past half century.  I never did know all the
words.*

*Turn up volume, sit back and enjoy a review of 50 years of history
in****less than 3 minutes! *

*Thanks to Billy Joel and some guy from the  University of  Chicago
with a lot of spare****time and****Google* <http://www.google.com/>*. *

*Top left gives you full screen. *

*Top right lets you pause. *

*_Bottom left shows the year_**. *

*The****older you are, the more pictures you will recognize.  Anyone
over age 65 should remember over 90% of what they see.  But it's great
at any age.*

*/Click below/*:

We Didn't Start The Fire <http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html>

http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html