[BITList] Victory: we tripped up Trump!

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Feb 22 12:22:10 GMT 2011

Begin forwarded message:

Dear,

We've had some brilliant news about our Tripping Up Trump campaign - the Press and Journal has revealed that Donald Trump has given up on his plans to evict families from their homes in Menie! [1] That's a huge victory for people power. There's no other way someone as powerful as Trump would have given up on his plans.

Standing shoulder to shoulder with brave local residents and campaign group Tripping Up Trump, we made Trump back down. That means families in Menie can go back to living their lives, without worrying that this year could be the last one they spend in their own homes.

Now, we need to make sure that people living in Menie know that if Trump ever tries something like this again, we'll be ready to send him packing. Click here to send people in Menie a message of on-going support: "we're glad we've got rid of Trump for now but we'll be ready if he comes back in the future".

Click here to add your message today:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/support-menie

Life for people in Menie has been difficult while this struggle has been going on. It's hard to make plans and get on with your life when you know that someone so powerful is trying to chuck you out of your home, so he can build a big golf course over it.

But thousands of us signed our petition, and sent messages to local councillors, telling them that we wouldn't stay quiet while they put profit before local people's happiness. We need to make sure that they know that if Trump tries it again, we'll be ready to pile on the pressure. Then we'll get all our messages together, and deliver them to Menie.

Click here, to send a message to people in Menie:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/support-menie

This is a huge victory for people power. Over 20,000 of us got together to stop Trump's plans for Menie. It shows that when we work together, we can win even when our opponent is one of the most powerful businessmen in the world.

Together, 38 Degrees members are changing events. On Thursday, we found out that the government in London had reversed its plans to sell off forests in England, after a people-powered campaign involved over half a million of us. The day before, we discovered that plans for a cow factory farm in Lincolnshire had been dropped after our huge public campaign. Now, thousands of us will be getting together to decide what we're going to do next. [2]

Click here to add your message to the book in solidarity with the families of Menie:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/support-menie

Thanks for getting involved,

David, Hannah, Johnny, Charlotte and the 38 Degrees team

PS Tripping Up Trump did an amazing job campaigning against Trump in Aberdeenshire, and played a massive part in winning this campaign. Read more about them here: http://www.trippinguptrump.com/

PPS We're still trying to make sure that Rupert Murdoch doesn't get to buy even more of the British media - sign our petition here: http://www.38degrees.org.uk/Jeremy-hunt-not-impartial

PPPS 38 Degrees is a people-powered organisation, which doesn't take money from big companies or government. We rely on donations to support our tiny staff team - click here to make a donation:http://www.38degrees.org.uk/Direct-Debit

NOTES
[1] http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2114299?UserKey&UserKey=
[2] Join the discussion on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/peoplepowerchange/) or the 38 Degrees website (http://blog.38degrees.org.uk/)

The bigger we are the more we can do. Please forward this email to your friends and ask them to get involved.

38 Degrees brings you together with over 500,000 people to take action on the issues that matter to you and bring about real change. To find out more visit our website, Facebook or Twitter.

Donate: 38 Degrees doesn't accept money from government, big business, or political parties. We rely on donations from individuals to help pay for the technology, the research, the equipment and the small office we need to organise campaigns. Support our work by donating here

Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to be part of our movement and receive our emails you can unsubscribe here
This email was sent to wantok at me.com.

38 DEGREES Registered Company No. 6642193