[BITList] Not seen one like it for years

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 19 19:57:40 GMT 2011

Alisdair,

That's an ugly ship.  From the look of the accommodation, a crew of 6.  One point missed by those commenting is that a ship, period, is fast becoming a rarity on the Clyde, never mind one as spectacularly squared off as this one.  I must admit, in my ignorance I was surprised to see King George V Dock is still to the fore.  I remember getting off a bus at the gates in May, 1959, en route to joining MV Clan Maclay as Junior 2E/O.