[BITList] Handbagged: the jewel thieves foiled by a passingpensioner - This Britain, UK - The Independent

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 8 09:15:24 GMT 2011

Mike,

An elderly friend of my wife one day, on the way to the bank, was accosted
by two youths who grabbed for her handbag. They didn't get a hold of it, and
she walloped them with it. Much to their surprise, it was full of the bagged
coins she was taking to the bank, and she was still thumping them with it,
one of them on the ground, when a policeman arrived. Loud and long were
their complaints to the officer, but he just shrugged and said, "I don't see
anything.  Carry on missus." After a bit, he called a halt and arrested the
pair.