[BITList] Cyclone YASSI

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Feb 1 23:46:24 GMT 2011

G'day Judy,

Begin forwarded message:

Dear John,

I have just seen news about a hurricane approaching Queensland at the moment. I hope all your family is safe.

I have been trying to research NZ Feltham descendants, but not having much luck.

Kind regards from Judy
Thanks for your msg Judy.

For reasons that you'll read about below I am responding to your msg by sending it out to others as well.

Helma and I are house-sitting for friends down in Northern New South Wales We missed all the Queensland floods by one day.

We have been following this cyclone, on the TV, for a day or two. I see from the BoM that YASSI has a pressure of 922 hectopascals.

There is nothing that we can do about it, being down here.

Two of our three daughters live in Townsville. Two of them have been doing what has to be done to our house before a cyclone. One of them lives two streets away and last night phoned us to tell us that she and her family were going to move into our house today as they think that our house is stronger than theirs!

For those interested in following this cyclone go to ...

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQP0005.txt

and...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR213.loop.shtml#skip

I have a back-log of of 3,534 msgs waiting for me so far.

We leave for Townsville - Yassi and Queensland Railways permitting, on Sunday the 13th!