[BITList] a good old one

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 29 10:41:58 BST 2011

        A young Adelaide woman was so depressed that she decided to end
        her life by throwing herself into the sea, but just before she
        could throw herself from the wharf, a handsome young man stopped
        her.

        "You have so much to live for," said the man. "I'm a sailor, and
        we are off to Italy tomorrow. I can stow you away on my ship.
        I'll take care of you, bring you food every day, and keep you
        happy."

    With nothing to lose, combined with the fact that she had always
    wanted to go to Italy, the woman accepted.

    That night the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a small but
    comfortable compartment in the hold. From then on, every night he
    would bring her three sandwiches, a bottle of red wine, and make
    love to her until dawn. Two weeks later she was discovered by the
    captain during a routine inspection.

    "What are you doing here?" asked the captain.

    "I have an arrangement with one of the sailors," she replied. "He
    brings me food and I get a free trip to Italy."

    "I see," the captain says.

    Her conscience got the best of her and she added, "Plus, he's
    screwing me."

    "He certainly is," replied the captain. "This is the Kangaroo Island
    Ferry."