[BITList] Assembly to begin on Britain's biggest warship - Channel4 News

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Aug 17 00:08:49 BST 2011

o, yea of little faith.

The First Sea Lord and Chief of Naval Staff – Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope said, like me, he did not welcome the decision to withdraw Harrier GR9, and the implications for gapping our present carrier strike capability; the challenge of re-creating a carrier strike capability in 2020 will be immense; but it is neither insurmountable, nor is it a challenge for the Royal Navy alone. The risks were explained and they were understood. The arguments for Carrier-borne aviation remain sound, and the Government has committed to the future Carrier Strike program – so there.

ct