[BITList] Can you do real work with the 30-year-old IBM 5150? -Digital Lifestyle - Macworld UK

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 15 15:44:01 BST 2011

Mike,

I did a lot of real work with the old IBM, without all the farting around
employed by the writer of the piece.  Kincaid built marine engines and
pressure vessels (steam and air), and other non-marine items, and the
non-commercial analysis and design was done on the IBM with BASIC programs.
We wrote our own stuff.  Little did we know that in 2011 all this would be
30 years out of date, and, for all the fancy machines around in 2011, nobody
would be building a damned thing.  How time passes.