[BITList] Australia's Government !

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 11 12:45:38 BST 2011

They say we get the government we deserve!?
frank

   This is your Australia Today *************************************
Whoever wrote this was a bit pissed off.... but they have a point and
it’s a Beauty......You Political Parasites......that aptly describes the
Aussie Government. Political Bastardry! Well you may think!!!! On the
18th of August 1966 at Long Tan,Vietnam, D Company of the 6th Battalion,
Royal Australian Regiment, mainly made up of Australian National
Servicemen and at that time located to support the American Army, fought
a battle against the Viet Cong. In this action D Company lost 18 men
killed and 24 injured. The Viet Cong dead numbered in excess of 245. The
Australian lines were never crossed. The Viet Cong withdrew. American
President Johnson and US Army Staff recognised the achievement by
awarding the Unit Citation of Gallantry on 30th May 1968. The Award was
formally accepted by Queen Elizabeth in 13th June 1968. Prime Minister
John Gorton made the formal presentation of this American Citation to
the Battalion at Lavarack Barracks,Townsville on 18th August 1968. On
the 31st of March 2010, D Company of the 6th Battalion, Royal Australian
Regiment were belatedly awarded the Australian version of "Unit Citation
for Gallantry" (UCG) honouring their extraordinary deeds at Long Tan.
The Government however refused to approve travel payment for the
surviving Unit Members or their families, including the families of
deceased Unit Members, in order that they be present at the UCG
Presentation Ceremony presided over by the Governor General of
Australia. In February 2011 the same Government of Australia footed the
Funeral Bill to bury the illegal boat people, who tragically perished on
Christmas Island. This included flying surviving family illegals and
survivors to and from Sydney and Xmas Island, accommodating them, etc
etc, plus a Coach tour of Sydney thrown in. The Canberra Polit Bureaux
had waited 45 years to publicly acknowledge the bravery and sacrifice of
these Sons of Australia and then immediately Shit on their memory by
wetting themselves to appease the feelings of boat illegals forcing
their entry into our country. Now we witness,what can only be described
as, attempted political face saving, by this same Government, sponsoring
a TV Documentary, to celebrate our Armed Forces accomplishments at
Kapyong, Korea in 1951. This will see our Prime Minister and the entire
Priministeral Entourage fly in a RAAF plane to Korea to mark this 60th
Anniversary. What Bloody Hypocrisy!!! What a Blatant Affront to the
feelings of our Nation's serving Armed Forces, Past and Present.
Shame,Shame,Shame, You Political Parasites. You do not deserve to
represent our country. Ray,

    You may have seen this but just in case.  See you tomorrow night?