[BITList] Nicholas Parsons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 7 12:23:43 BST 2011

Mike,

Noting at least two errors/uncertainties in areas I know about (underlined), I wonder how much of the rest is OK.

".. he spent five years employed in the shipyards of Clydeside by Drysdales, in the manufacture of pumps. Whilst there he also had two six-month periods studying engineering at the University of Glasgow. Although he never graduated, he gained enough qualifications to become a marine engineer and was given a position in the Merchant Navy during World War II, which he never took up owing to illness."