[BITList] Fwd: News Alert: Disapproval Rating of Congress at aRecord 82 Percent, Poll Finds

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 5 19:55:20 BST 2011

Mike,

As we all know, 82.63% of statistics are made up on the spot, here and in the US.  This morning I noted an item header on the front page of a paper I wouldn't hang in the toilet.  It said 71% of the UK population agree there are too many migrants.  Mayhap the piece went on to explain, instead of confusing migration with immigration, but I hae may doots that they will explain the 71%.

The same paper, or another like it, the other day, had a front page headline telling its readers that students would be forced to sell their kidneys to survive.  The words "sell" and "kidney" certainly appear in the correct story which is far less sensational.

The paper alongside had a headline stating that immigrants, paedophiles, and murderers, were to get council houses provided. There were no pictures to help their readers over the longer words in the actual article, which was to do with a move by the Scottish Government to modify the rules for letting council houses.

Finally,  what's this about you and gas mantles?