[BITList] fools ruch in.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 29 22:23:15 BST 2011

Colin,

Nothing surprises me about Trump - the man is a ruthless bit of scum.  On this side of the pond he has schemed and almost certainly bribed to get approval for the creation of a golf course and a fancy housing development in a SSI (Site of Scientific Interest) in the north of Scotland.  The convener of the Planning Committee who gave his casting vote against the development was sacked and a  new application sought with a new convener. People whose houses were in the way were threatened with eviction. He had to be told that his plans to have gates with guards on the development were maybe OK in John Wayne land, or even England, but definitely not a runner in Scotland, the law of trespass here being rather different (in fact, in Scotland there is no "law of trespass", per se).

What we didn't realise is that the man is capable of something as inane and stupid as his present campaign of right wing lies and bellicose bluster.  The question being asked in some papers here is, has the USA lost its head?  Maybe not the USA, but sure as hell a big section of it has gone round the twist.

How much support he will keep over here among the corrupt and easily swayed will depend on how much they think association with him will harm their image. My voting plans for the May 5th election here could be altered once I ask questions of candidates whose parties were active in getting Trump's development an easy passage.