[BITList] Th* R*y*l W*dd*ng

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 29 11:17:25 BST 2011

Friday, 11.06am

I have seen "the dress".  It's white, and I know why I don't watch these affairs - it's the commentary. This wobbles between sycophantic dross and desperate guesses, via snide comment.  While in the living room on an errand, I watched the slow progress of the bride's car.  The chap doing the commentary told us the bride-to-be is a well-educated woman (he may have added "mature"), whereas Diana only had one O-level. Well, I'll be danged (I exclaimed) - we're in better hands now, and I came upstairs to read the papers.