[BITList] 50's and 60's

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 29 08:39:56 BST 2011

Frank,

Typical US fantasy nostalgia - most of the people driving "rods" in the 50s and 60s were shallow high school teenagers in US films.  "We" certainly didn't - we were too busy trying to stay ahead of poverty.  A car ???? I only ever had one  bicycle, for God's sake - my first car was a hand me down from my father when I was in my 50s, and it was his first car, though barely 10 years old.  My second and last car cost me £250.  I had a motor bike - old when I bought it - that died while I was at sea, and its successor (my fiancee bought it for £30), also died.  None of these were shiny.