[BITList] imovie

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Apr 27 21:12:18 BST 2011

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 (Win/Mac) (DVD-ROM]  -  sounds like iMovie.................................
if one has endless patience and absolutely no time constraints you MAY produce a 1 hour iMovie in less than seven 8 hour days --- if you’re lucky!
most video editing programs are bastards [and I tried 5] and I don’t fancy Final Cut at $999.
ct

1.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money and Keep Looking, October 26, 2010
By noonespeical - See all my reviewsThis review is from: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 (Win/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
The following comments apply to using Adobe Premiere Elements 9 on a new IMac with OS 10.6.4 operating system installed:

After spending three days trying to make a short video with Adobe Premiere Elements 9, I gave up and used IMovie to make the video which, only took about three hours. The Adobe Premiere Elements 9 locked up my IMac once and the program crashed five time in one day, the next day, it crashed three times after which, I gave up and used IMovie to create my project.

The customer service/technical support was less than helpful. I spent a great deal of time on hold, only to be placed on hold again while the agent tried to find somebody which had an idea of what was causing the problem. The shortest period of time I was on hold was ten minutes but the usual time I was on hold ranged from twenty to thirty minutes. When one of the technical support personnel attempted to log into my computer using an Adobe application for this purpose....subject application crashed. One of the customer service/technical support personnel told me I could not be having these problems, the program was proofed and works perfectly. Then, there was an implication I need a new computer or at least updated operating system. The computer was only two weeks old and the operating system up to date. How new does the computer have to be? How up to date does the operating system have to be?

I was told to use the help screens and tutorials which were available online. In order to use these I had to create an Adobe ID which requires providing them my birthdate. Since the company has failed to provide me with a good compelling reason for giving them my birthdate, I am unable to use the tutorials and online help.

The Adobe Elements Organizer is as reliable as the Premiere Elements 9, it locks us, cannot find files, cannot find photographs, and crashes.

If you have a Mac computer....save your money, the IPhoto and IMovie work better than the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and the Elements Organizer.