[BITList] Fwd: The American Spectator : Translating the Word

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Apr 27 00:31:20 BST 2011

From a muslim correspondent of mine, in answer to the earlier article [See below for the URL].

http://spectator.org/archives/2011/04/22/translating-the-word

Subject: Re: The American Spectator : Translating the Word

John, this article is bang on target. Love the sentence about bearded old men who think they are the only ones who an interpret their scriptures...that is absolutely correct...and that is how they manage to control the masses. The masses don't have a clue...or most of them don't, about what they are reading in their holy book. They learn the Arabic language by heart just so they can read the Koran, but I can attest to the fact that 90% of them don't know what they are reading. The same can be said of the prayers that they pray 5 times a day. It's all learned by rote and very few know the meaning of what they are reciting during those prayers. This is how the mullahs control the minds of their faithful...the faithful don't know anything about their religion except what is told to them by the mullahs and religious teachers. So...any  misinterpretations or falsehoods are swallowed whole by the faithful & they act or react accordingly. Let me tell you that no where in the Koran does it say that women have to cover up from head to foot...no where. It says women are to dress modestly, so as not to excite the lust of men. It does not say, cover your face or wear a burqah or a chardaar with only peep holes for eyes. That is the interpretation and misrepresentation of the mullahs, under pain of death or eternal damnation !!
I better stop here or I'll never get off my soapbox with this topic lol! But, I will say...as an 'outsider' on the 'inside', I can tell you a lot of things which are absolute bull dust that is taught to the followers, as God's edict :-)

Thanks for the Article...I am definitely passing it around...in the hopes it might make some of the followers sit up, take note and start thinking straight :-)