[BITList] Pupils distracted by gadgets, say teachers - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 17 11:04:46 BST 2011

Mike,

Too true.  I note the word "ruler", and I hear Mr Wallace, the last teacher I had in Chapelton Primary School, turning in his grave.  "It's a rule !" he would shout. "A ruler is a different matter entirely. A twelve inch ruler is a very small king."  We learned fast, not through fear of him (he was a benign soul), but because he was a superb teacher in the fashion of the ladies we'd had in the lower classes.  Also, we learned fast because there were no distractions - no gadgets, no acres of pretty pictures on the walls, no trendy bullshit from trendy dickheads.