[BITList] pop culture and charlie sheen

COLIN TAYLOR s14engine at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 10 14:56:27 BST 2011

it all does my head in, hugh
I note you are warming up – finally!
tall lady... weddings...?
colin

From: HUGH
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2011 4:52 AM
To: BitList
Subject: Re: [BITList] pop culture and charlie sheen

Colin,

I'll get to the subject, just hang on.

Yesterday here was WARM - bloody hell, we dressed as had been necessary until yesterday, omitting only scarf and gloves, and found ourselves looking like aliens from the Arctic. And Greenock was awash with couples all dressed as for a Royal garden party - one lady was touching 6 feet tall, legs up to her shoulders and 5" heels.  We await details of what was up.  Janet reckoned a wedding, but this was Scotland, and 11.00am.

So, pop culture, bottom feeding, etc. More than once, recently, I have had to be led semi-prostrate from shops after 15 minutes watching Janet not buying things, forced to listen to what has all of a sudden become the standard pop tune - three notes with sections in which the "singer" goes "o waaoowaaoowa" for a minute or two when short of words.  I can take the not buying things - it costs me nothing - but the "music" destroys me.  Skiffle used to be dismissed as 3-chord music, but at least it had words and a  rhythm.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com