[BITList] Send this to every Mobile phone user

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 26 16:57:07 BST 2010

John,

That lifted my spirits a good deal.  Lacking old Clint, as is sometimes the case, all it takes is two people.  The idiots will ignore an individual, but never two.  On occasion I have not been ignored, but one gets pissed off acting as the hitman for a bus full of deaf mutes.  Once a young chap in front of me was gettin aggro from a prat he had asked to desist from some action.  He got the old "whatcha gonna do about it?" routine, followed by "you're only one."  "Au contraire," I said, "I make two."  He shut up and faced the front.  My favourite mobile phone story is of Peter McDougall, playwright and film writer - West of Scotland, big and hard.  He was in a Glasgow restaurant with friends, and they were being convivial.  Over came a man waving his mobile phone, complaining he couldn't hear what was being said on his phone.  McDougall took the phone off him and threw it out of a window.  "This is a restaurant," he said, "not a %$£&^($ phone box."