[BITList] more cyber war

CT's x50type at cox.net
Wed Sep 8 19:09:36 BST 2010

        "cyber war" by richard clarke [counter-terrorism czar - clinton/bush]

        When both left and right disagree with your solution to a problem, you know two things: [1] you are probably on the correct course and [2] you stand no chance of getting your solution adopted.

        Some of the measures against cyber war fare will require regulation and some will have the potential, if abused, to violate privacy. In Washington, one might as well advocate random forced abortions as suggest new regulations or create and greater privacy risks.

        If that is the case, we will just have to wait until some hacking entity [government or private] in north korea, iran, somalia, lebanon, pakistan, nigeria, outer mongolia or timbukto takes our out cyber system controlling wall street [all your investment information and records vanishes], banks and atm machines stop [you can't get your money], telephone and email off [you can't communicate], electricity grid shut down [you are in the dark, no a/c, you have no dialysis machine - you die] for people to pay attention and do something positive, as opposed to politicians who prefer to bicker like children.

        perhaps Australia and uk have a better system of cyber protection in place?