[BITList] an existential moment of choice

CT's x50type at cox.net
Sat Sep 4 21:28:32 BST 2010

hugh

if I may say so - a very thought-provoking and erudite communication.
I did not remember the finer points [or much, for that matter] of the "hitchhiker's guide" or the magic #42...........................
hawking's new book is not available yet, but I have read others - they make most interesting reading and I look forward to this one.
I note your son has gone from atheist [Someone who denies the existence of God]  to agnostic [A person who claims that they cannot have true knowledge about the existence of God (but does not deny that God might exist)].
he must also be a deep thinker, but a free-thinking agnostic kind of atheist; doesn't have true knowledge of the existence of God but may or may not deny the existence there of.......................................................!
and I had no idea in atheism there are orthodoxies, rules to be observed, fixed points of view to be maintained, lists of things not to believe in.
my blissful ignorance.

I could prove God statistically - George Gallup [1901 - 1984]

colin