[BITList] alien

CT's x50type at cox.net
Sun Oct 31 13:35:57 GMT 2010

frank

illegals in the US are a big political talking point – there are reportedly in the region of 12 million.
they themselves do the menial work lazy bastards here don’t want to do. they also provide hundreds of thousands of jobs for the customs and immigration wallers.
and on a local note – it was illegal aliens who got new orleans cleaned up and repaired after the devastation of hurricane katrina – not the locals. they were here, ready, willing and able as soon as it was possible to enter again.
not only that, they do a hell of a good job too. I applaud their work ethics and the majority are younger men and women here to support their families back home. I can’t imagine in my wildest dreams any young yank or brit going to inner mongolia [for example], doing a menial job day in and day out, without complaint, and sending 95% of the money he makes, back home to help his family.
hypocritically speaking, some of the loudest anti illegal alien voices come from the rich here who employ them as gardeners, maids, pool boys and the like.
yanks are a dichotomous breed...on the surface, all nice and christianly legal, but few will turn away cheap labour when it suits them, mainly because it INCREASES PROFIT.
however, depending on which side of the political fence they sit, the politicians will vote yea or nay to changes in the immigration laws depending on nothing more than their re-election possibilities – shallow mercenaries!
so we have a wide spectrum of views ranging from the totally impractical [round up and deport now, build a 30 ft impenetrable fence around the USA], to give ‘em all US passports.....................
the US political scene is mad – I do my best to ignore it.

colin t