[BITList] Legendary quotes on France

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 27 07:10:08 BST 2010

    *Legendary quotes on FranceÂ

    ' France has neither winter nor summer nor morals.    Apart
    from these drawbacks it is a fine country.    France has
    usually been governed by prostitutes.'Â

    Mark TwainÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French
    one behind me.'Â

    General George S. PattonÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without
    your accordion.'Â

    Norman SchwarzkopfÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it.'Â

    Marge SimpsonÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure.'Â

    Jacques Chirac, President of FranceÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'The only time France wants us to go to war is when the German
    Army is sitting in Paris sipping coffee.'Â

    Regis PhilbinÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of
    the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't
    have the face for it.'Â

    Unnamed U.S. Senator Â

    ------------------------------Â

    'The last time the French asked for 'more proof' it came marching
    into Paris under a German flag.'Â

    David LettermanÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'Only thing worse than a Frenchman is a Frenchman who lives
    in Canada .'Â

    Ted NugentÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'War without France would be like ... World War II.'Â

    UnknownÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'The favorite bumper sticker in Washington D.C. right now is one
    that says 'First Iraq , then France.''Â

    Tom BrokawÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of
    its national will fighting against Disney World and Big Macs than
    the Nazis?'Â

    Dennis MillerÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'It is important to remember that the French have always been there
    when they needed us.'Â

    Alan KentÂ

    -----------------------------Â

    'They've taken their own precautions against al-Qa'ida.    To
    prepare for an attack, each Frenchman is urged to keep duct tape, a
    white flag, and a three-day supply of mistresses in the house.'Â

    Argus HamiltonÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being
    advertised on eBay the other day --the description was, 'Never shot.
    Dropped once.''Â

    Rep. Roy Blunt, MOÂ

    -----------------------------Â

    'The French will only agree to go to war when we've proven we've
    found truffles in Iraq 'Â

    Dennis MillerÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    Q. What did the mayor of Paris say to the German Army as they
    entered the city in WWII?Â

    A. Table for 100,000 m'sieur?Â

    -----------------------------Â

    'Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to
    defend Paris ?   It's not known, it's never been tried.'Â

    Rep. R. Blount, MOÂ

    ------------------------------Â

    'Do you know it only took Germany three days to
    conquer France in WWII?    And that's because it was raining.'Â

    John Xereas, Manager, DC ImprovÂ

    French Ban Fireworks at Euro DisneyÂ

    (AP), Paris , March 5, 2003Â

    The French Government announced today that it is imposing a ban on
    the use of fireworks at Euro Disney. The decision comes the day
    after a nightly fireworks display at the park, located just 30 miles
    outside of Paris , caused the soldiers at a nearby French Army
    garrison to surrender to a group of Czech tourists.*