[BITList] PENSIONS

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 24 10:56:11 BST 2010

I'm glad my pension situation is simple.  When I applied for the UK state pension, among the options on the form was an invitation to enter any time spent abroad, so I told them I'd lived in Denmark for 2 years. Back from Newcastle came a How to Claim a Danish pension kit.  Neither the UK nor Denmark have the slightest interest in what the other gives me.  However, it is interesting to note that the UK assume I am alive, whereas, every couple of years Copenhagen require that two witnesses attest that I am still alive.