[BITList] let's move to oz

s14engine s14engine at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 22:48:23 BST 2010

?mike

yeah,  oz sounds attractive.............................it's a big place, where would you recommend?

I need green rolling country, temperate weather and no mosquitoes. I was once in adelaide, they had the biggest, badest mosquitoes I have ever had the misfortune to encounter!

however, there are a few other things not so attractive:-

difficult language to learn and understand.

they drive on the wrong side of the road.

my uk pension would be frozen, but appears my US benefits would not be frozen.
Computation of U.S. benefit under the agreement
When a U.S. benefit becomes payable as a result of counting both U.S. and Australian Social Security credits, an initial benefit is determined based on your U.S. earnings as if your entire career had been completed under the U.S. system. This initial benefit is then reduced to reflect the fact that Australian credits helped to make the benefit payable. The amount of the reduction will depend on the number of U.S. credits: the more U.S. credits, the smaller the reduction; and the fewer U.S. credits, the larger the reduction.

colin t