[BITList] NYTimes.com: Japan Goes From Dynamic to Disheartened

FS franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Oct 17 18:44:49 BST 2010

  Hugh
yes there is a big difference in attitude between the old and the young
much more than in our society
Taiwan was the place that impressed me most with their marble though as
even the pavements are made of polished marble which has been crushed
and laid as if it was concrete by gangs of little old ladies some not so
little but hard working Taiwan had the attitude that it was better to
use lots of man power rather than using heavy machinery this way
everyone had a job
frank