[BITList] holier than thou

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Oct 14 02:04:37 BST 2010

?wow, john

you're even holier than I thought!

colin t

From: John Feltham
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:32 PM
To: BitList
Subject: Re: [BITList] holier than thou

Colin,

On 14/10/2010, at 4:22 AM, CT's wrote:

> I don't have problems with windows 7, at half the price of the "holier than thou" malus domestica........................

You don't mention which of the six versions of Win 7 that you are using?

In the malus 'domestica' (as you appear to call it), there are only two. An 'ordinary' version and one for running severs. The second being out of normal domestic use.

> in fact computer life under w7 has become rather boring.

I'll keep that on file.

> after >20 years, microsoft appear to have produced an operating system requiring little or no operator attention!

People still do not understand the main difference between the two OS. Micro$oft does not manufacture any computers. For this reason they have no control over what computer manufacturers put in their boxes.

OTOH Apple makes both Computers and the OS that goes inside them. By doing that they reduce the amount of 'conflicts' that take place in a computer.

> HOWEVER, from what I gather - all is not singing and dancing in appleville! [big gasp].

Is that so?

What do you have to say about GMC, BMW and the rest of the motoring world I wonder?

Meanwhile, Apple keeps on marching on. Check their share value. They must be doing something right.

BITList at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com