[BITList] Error 0x800C0133

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Oct 13 15:09:22 BST 2010

G'day Hugh,

On 13/10/2010, at 7:02 PM, HUGH wrote:

<< On Monday, my Acer monitor ceased to work (I had a spare in the loft), and yesterday Outlook Express started playing silly buggers.  The first couple of e-mails of the nine awaiting downloading, and no others, were downloaded repeatedly, no matter what.  Unknown error, it said, then quoted error 0x800C0133 in explanation.  So I had a look online.  Thankfully, no "Get Error 0x800C0133 On E-bay", or "Get Cheap Hotels In Error 0x800C0133", but one or two people offering downloads of the very thing to fix it (they said).  This did not attract me, and I found a forum that gave the answer.  Simple - too many e-mails in the Inbox.  I had 3,333.  Solution?  Delete a few or move them somewhere else. >>

Generally PC users get no sympathy from me, however, exceptions can sometimes be made.

>From memory, no pun intended, Outlook Express has the ability to archive its msgs. Put them in an archive file.

Certainly all Macs can.

I have one mail folder on my Mac that holds 5094 msgs at this moment and I can assure you that the total will keep increasing.

Enter this search criteria...

archiving messages in outlook express

into Google.