[BITList] Smarter Than You Think - Aiming to Learn as We Do, A Machine Teaches Itself - NYTimes.com

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 5 10:51:12 BST 2010

Mike,

Back in the early 80s we got hold of some software in Kincaid's that had a
"learning" capability.  After a few days of patient "teaching", it would
give out a fair response to a simple question.  I have no recollection of
what it was, or what happened to it.  At the time we didn't think it
extraordinary, just a bit of fun.  Incidentally, how about this ? Wayne
Rooney is a football player.  The Indianapolis Colts is/are a football team.
So it's odds on Rooney plays for them.